Monday, May 21, 2012

I (almost) Made It Monday

Part of being a Leo is my insane tendency to start projects, become bored and/or run out of material and/or come up with a fantastic NEW project idea and abandon the old one (trust me it is way easier to blame this on fanciful astrological powers - even though I sort of think, occasionally, it's accurate). That often leaves me a half dozen or so projects laying around in various states of completion.

Today I share with you a few of those projects. All of these are crochet projects...I didn't even think to include unfinished scrapbook projects or whatnot because I'm fairly certain that that many photos would crash my blogger account!

Some were abandoned as hopeless. Some set aside in want of more material. Some I set aside as better ideas came to me. Some...I just got plain bored with.

For a while I was big into motifs. These babies are quick and easy to make and once I know the pattern it is almost mindless.

I had a plan for these. A good one too. I will probably finish it up but I left off in favor of a different idea. These were fun to make and the pattern reminded me a little of a merit badge or Star Trek insignia.

These had a strong urge to be a scarf but I couldn't decide on how I wanted to connect them, so in a container they go. The pattern here is a granny square.

These are blocks for a blanket but I ran out of yarn and since I didn't have the budget to buy more at the time I moved on to something else.

I really love this pattern. It's almost like a granny square but totally not!

Another blanket. Another project stalled for want of yarn.

That doohickey is called a stitch holder (in case you ever needed that information) and I love playing with them. I connect them all together and get mad when I need one and they all get pulled out...sort of like what I do with paper clips.

This is my current project and after two skeins of yarn I know I will need more to complete it. I am already budgeting in the money because I absolutely LOVE this. It is a variegated yarn (meaning multiple colors on one skein) and it reminds me of a sunset all orange and fire.

The pattern is a simple ripple stitch. I was going to do a sunburst pattern, but it looked odd with the variegated yarn.

My crochet bag. And the newest project I started - a friendship bracelet for Cyra.

11 comments:

  1. That's a lot of projects. My mom knits touques for the homeless. Last year, I helped her haul 1400 of them into the TV station in the city that hosts the event. By the end of this winter, she has close to 1000 more. She holds the delivery record at 1400 and is looking to better that this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are touques? Hats, I am assuming. Oh you Canadians and your delightful lingo!! Your mom must be a knitting machine!!! That's pretty awesome!

      Delete
  2. Wow ... thats more than I can plan to do in a lifetime. Happy crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a good craft to pass the evenings with. Quick and easy, you know? Other things I do, like scrapbooking require me spreading out across multiple rooms!

      Delete
  3. I have to know what the varigated yarn is in that pink granny blanket is and what that last yarn is. You have to tell me. I'm dying to get my hands on those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink granny yarn is Caron Simply Soft "Rose Garden." The last one is from the Deborah Norville Collection Everyday Soft Worsted "Flashback."

      I got both yarns at Hobby Lobby. Michael's and JoAnn's both carry the Simply Soft, but I've only every seen the Everyday at Hobby Lobby.

      Delete
  4. Y'know the intended-scarf and intended-blanket could very well turn into unintended-coasters and hot pads.
    I went into JoAnn's a couple of times and it ended up being intensely depressing. That's my weird problem, but it may be an explanation for the multiple projects. Are you staving off depression by crocheting it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I tend to get bored very easily if I do one thing for too long. It is probably the reason why I have learned so many crafts. I like the challenge of a new project, too. And there is just something about yarn and scrapbook paper (I should take photos of my collections!) that make me dream BIG dreams of new projects!!

      Delete
  5. Wow... this is amazing.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete