Monday, February 13, 2012

I Made It Monday

Guess what I did with my sour oranges!

Oranges, canning supplies, cheesecloth...coffee? Vodka? How'd those get in there?


44 coffee beans plus

Sliced then chopped oranges plus
  
about 1 cup of sugar plus vodka = LOVE!
 
Orange peel


plus Vodka = YUM!
End results!
For the above photo from left to right:
Jar 1
1 orange sliced and chopped, 44 coffee beans, 1 and 1/3 cup sugar, about 2 and 1/2 to 3 cups vodka

Jar 2
1 orange juiced and then chopped, 44 coffee beans, 1 cup sugar, just under 3 cups vodka 

Jar 3
peel from about 4 oranges (chopped), 1/3 cup sugar, 3 cups vodka

Jar 4
peel from about 4 oranges (chopped), 1.5 cups Smirnoff Strawberry and 1.5 cups Smirnoff plain vodka

Now for the wait. Each jar must age for at least three months according to the recipe I used. So, I'll let you know how they turned out in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment