Saturday, January 28, 2012

Project: Waiting For The Apocalypse

On a whim, as I was strolling through Hobby Lobby back in November, I got the idea for a new scrapbook. I call it: Waiting For The Apocalypse. Essentially, I will be scrapbooking all of our activities from holidays to birthdays, from travels to quiet nights at home.

I'm a firm believer that nothing is going to happen on December 21, 2012. The Mayans were a smart bunch of people, but I do not think they had magically powers of prediction any more than I believe in ghosts. Despite that, I am a "prepper." I do think something will happen eventually be it the total collapse of the economy, a natural disaster, or some kind of attack.

The original plan was to do twelve 8x8 bound books, one per month starting on December 21, 2011. But after taking cost into consideration I decided to use a single spiral bound album. Organized chronologically through the year, the album starts on December 21, 2011 and will end December 22, 2012. I've got a few ideas for the last page...depending on which way the apocalypse goes.

Oh how my dining room suffers when I scrapbook!



The spiral bound book showing Christmas Baking and Gingerbread house making.


How are you going to be chronically the end of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment