Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Troublesome Little Elf

By now, everyone is probably sick with all the Elf on the Shelf photos floating around the Internets in December. But I was going through my Christmas photos (finally!) last night and doing my monthly external back-up when I happened to spy this one photo of Rupert's Shenanigans that I absolutely loved.

Rupert is our Elf on the Shelf brought to Cyra when she was in kindergarten, before the huge Elf on the Shelf bandwagon was formed (OMG please tell me that doesn't make me hipster!). After a pretty rough November in which said kindergartener was misbehaving, Santa brought Rupert to keep an eye on things.

For the most part, Rupert just moved around, watching...watching...like the burning eye of Sauron. That is until 2012 when Rupert decided to have some "fun" and got into plenty of trouble: TPing the Christmas tree, dying all the milk green, using all of Cyra's bodywash taking a bubblebath. You get the idea.

This past Christmas was probably the last that Cyra will be a firm believer in the Magic of Christmas. And Rupert, willing shenaniganer that he is, was a willing participant. That is until some of the other toys in the house got tired of his crap...

A Paizo Goblin, a Dalek, and Sebastian from Black Butler all ganged up on Rupert and Irish Princess Barbie (Rupert's love interest) and tried to feed Rupert to a collection of evil monster miniatures.
Cyra, the calm, collected kid that she is, came out in the morning and just shook her head.

"Oh, Rupert," she said softly, "What have you gotten yourself into now?"

5 comments:

  1. Is it possible to be an Elf on the Shelf hipster? And it sounds like the magic has probably passed and Cyra is in on the joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Green Pickster will always be a cute little elf. That much I know. Sorry, Picks... I couldn't wait until December.

      Delete
  2. haha That's really cute. I was 8 when I stopped believing in Santa (thanks to my mom, who overheard kids at school talking about it, so she told me) but I still see the magic of Christmas. Its just love and hope and joy and all of the good feelings that the holidays should bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny...I am personally a bit relieved that the Elf mania was a bit after my kiddos' time - I stink as a tooth fairy...I can't imagine what havoc would have ensued if I'd had to keep up with creative 'displays' every single day during the most stressful time of the year.

    This is one of the best Elf displays I've seen yet! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't say that. I'm still a firm believer in the Magic of Christmas, as is the Green Pickster Von Pickleopeland.

    ReplyDelete