Monday, February 15, 2010

Attack of the Socks

Without a doubt, as much as I love doing laundry, I hate folding socks. I hate it so much that 90% of the time socks sit around in baskets like this:

(Yes that is an entire basket of unmatched, unfolded, unloved socks.)


Putting the size of the basket in perspective... Cyra standing by the basket looking all punky.

They lurk in the basket, multiplying, just waiting for someone to come and pull a pair out. Most of the time, they are unmatched, but who cares? I say, if they are on your feet and in shoes, it doesn’t matter whether they match or not, right? Besides, genetics being what they are, the best you can hope for is a similar color.

I’d just as soon buy more socks then spend time folding them, but there comes a time when the socks must be put back in their place. So today, my super awesome last day of freedom until spring break, I spent doing laundry and sorting socks.


All matched, folded and ready to be put away. Left to right: Mine, Cyra's, Scott's and Ashleigh's socks!



The last few unmatched socks that I wanted to keep (I know they have mates somewhere!).


What a day. What a pile of socks to get rid of!



At least Junie enjoyed the Great Sock Disposal - she'll get new sock toys!


2 comments:

  1. Wow. You might need a twelve-step program, too. ;-) But it does make me feel better to find a kindred!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally need a 12 step! I kid you not, that same basket is once again nearly filled to the brim again with socks!

      Delete